Sunday, August 21, 2011

4 Year Anniversary!

Four years ago on August 18, 2007 Chris and I became husband and wife. The. Best. Day. Ever. That day was absolutely perfect. I wish I could go back and relive it over and over again. In some ways these four years have flown by. Some days it seems like just yesterday we were on our honeymoon in Hawaii. But then in some ways it also seems like 10 years instead of four. Not in a bad way by any means, I think it has more to do of how much our life has changed since then. It was all about "us" four years ago. Just Chris & Sal. Spending all our time together, doing and going wherever we wanted. We started trying for Colten and got pregnant right away. Married in August- pregnant by November! And then our life changed in ways we never could have imagined. It wasn't just "us" anymore. We were parents. Chris wasn't just my husband anymore he was the father of my children. When I thought I couldn't love him anymore - my love for him multiplied. When I thought my life was good before - it became complete. We are very different people now then we were 4 years ago. Better, more loving, more patient and undserstanding people. We are parents! And we wouldn't trade where we are today for anything. That being said, the kiddos keep us busy! And Chris' work keeps him busy. So it's important for Chris and I to have just "us" time again. We are blessed that we have the same interests. We both love to hunt and fish. So, our marriage isn't just based on love but on an amazing friendship. He is seriously my very best friend. We love hangin out together.

So, for our 4th anniversary we dropped the kids off at Nans on Wednesday morning. We attended a seminar that day. "Emotional Survival for a Police Officer and their Families" Then we went out for dinner and drinks at Gruene River Grill and then met up with our friends Johnny and Ginger for some more drinks and dancing to Gabe Garcia at Freiheit. Chris and I love to country dance and don't do it nearly enough!! Then, the next morning we went to Wimberely to zipline!!! We ziplined in Hawaii and it was amazing. It was on a ranch that they filmed Jurassic Park on. There was 10 or so ziplines that ended you at a waterfall swimming hole. (PARADISE!). It was one of the highlights of our honeymoon. So since we obviously couldn't fly to Hawaii for the day we took the 45 min drive to Wimberely to re-enact something from our honeymoon. Was it the same as Hawaii??? No, not hardly. The ziplines were shorter, the scenery wasn't nearly as beautiful and there was no waterfall. But was it fun?? Yes! We had a blast. And one thing was the same. Chris and I were just as much in love on that day as we were 4 years ago. Many things have changed since then, but one thing never will - I will always be madly, head over heels, in love with my best friend.




Ziplining in Kaui Hawaii

Ziplining in Wimberely, Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment